ACCUPLACER English Placement
Students entering Oakland Community College may submit SAT, ACT scores, English college
transfer credit or meet the ACCUPLACER placement exemptions.
Placement testing is a service provided by Oakland Community College to determine placement into OCC classes only. Visit the ACCUPLACER page for more details.
- To insure proper course placement, testing is mandatory for all new students who have not met the ACCUPLACER placement exemptions.
- Placement tests measure skill accomplishment in reading and writing.
- Scores indicate skill levels only; there is no passing or failing.
- Allow approximately 2½ hours for testing.
- An OCC student ID number and a photo ID must be presented in order to take the placement test.
All placement testing can be taken at the Academic Support Center at any campus.
Students with disabilities who may need assistance on Placements should contact the ACCESS office prior to taking the test. They will need to provide documentation of a qualifying disability and its functional limitation.