6 Steps to Ensure you can Graduate & Participate in the 2021 OCC Virtual Commencement
Step 1: Schedule an appointment with an OCC Counselor to apply for graduation.
Step 2: During your appointment you'll complete your graduation application with the counselor.
Step 3: Receive confirmation from the Registrar's Office
Step 4: Receive emails with more 2021 OCC Virtual Commencement Information.
Step 5: Confirm your mailing address
Step 6: OPTIONAL Purchase your gown (Caps and tassels are provided in the Grad box that will
be mailed to you.)
Step 1: Schedule an appointment with an OCC Academic Counselor
This will only take about 30 minutes. You must complete your graduation application
by Thursday, April 15. There are two options for scheduling your appointment:
ONLINE (MOST PREFERRED)
- Log into your MyOCC account.
- Click “Students.”
- Under the Academic Profile area, click “Make a Counseling Appointment.”
- Select the campus where you would like to schedule your counseling appointment.
- Select “Make Appointment”
- Select “phone call to discuss graduation requirements” for the reason why you're scheduling
the counseling appointment, and click “Continue.”
- Select the day, start time, stop time and Counselor you want for your appointment.
- Click “Search.”
- Select the green box to make your appointment
- Enter and verify your phone number. Then click “Submit”
- You’ll receive an appointment confirmation to your OCC email address
You can schedule your appointment with an OCC counselor by calling the number below
for your specific campus.
- Auburn Hills: 248.232.4350
- Highland Lakes: 248.942.3050
- Orchard Ridge: 248.522.3450
- Royal Oak: 248.246.2450
- Southfield: 248.233.2750
Step 2: During your appointment, you’ll complete your graduation application with
- Upon receipt of the authorizing email from your OCC email address, the Counselor will
work with you to complete your application and will submit it on your behalf during
- If you have any questions about your graduation application after your appointment,
you can follow up with your Counselor by sending an email through your OCC email account.
Step 3: Receive confirmation from the Registrar’s office
- Once your graduation application has been submitted, you will receive an email from
the Registrar’s office at your OCC email.
- This will explain the graduation process and diploma mailing date.
- Once your graduation application has been processed, the Registrar’s office will email
you a graduation letter.
Step 4: Receive emails with more 2021 OCC Virtual Commencement information
- You’ll start to receive these in May to your OCC email address.
- You’ll receive specific instructions about how to participate, including by uploading
videos, pictures and quotes to be included with the announcement of your name.
Step 5: Confirm your mailing address
- You’ll also receive a Grad Box in the mail that includes your cap and tassel, Commencement
program, diploma cover, OCC swag and more.
- If you have an address change, please update your address as soon as possible to ensure
that you can receive your Grad Box and diploma.
- You can do this at any campus Student Services Office, or by emailing Enrollment Services.
Step 6: OPTIONAL: Purchase your gown. (Caps and tassels are provided in the Grad box
that will be mailed.)
- You may purchase your cap, gown, tassel and announcements at the campus bookstoreApril 1 through June 4.
- Honor cords, veteran cords and separate pieces (cap, gown or tassel) are also available
at each campus bookstore for your convenience.
- Allowable gown adornments include Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) stoles, honor cords, National
Society for Leadership Success regalia and/or veteran cords.
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, faculty and staff of OCC, we are so proud of you
and your achievements. We also extend our congratulations to the family and friends
who supported your educational journey. With your OCC studies completed, you can start
a great new career, obtain the promotion you desire, or transfer to a four-year institution
for further studies. Congratulations, and we look forward to celebrating with you
at the 2021 OCC Virtual Commencement!