CPR & ACLS Training
BASIC LIFE SUPPORT (BLS)
The OCC EMS Program offers monthly Basic Life Support (BLS) and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training through its affiliation with the American Heart Association (AHA). The BLS Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED
A CPR card, which remains current for two years, is issued to every student that successfully completes the required written and practical skills examination. Students will also receive a high quality barrier device Pocket Mask to keep upon completion.
Content covered in this course includes:
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- How to help and assist a choking victim
- In-depth CPR training for adults, children and infants
- Use of barrier devices
- Basic anatomy of the heart and respiratory system
- Early recognition of strokes and heart attacks
Review a schedule of upcoming course offerings.