High School CTE Credit FAQs
What is articulated credit?
- Articulated credit is credit that the student has earned while in high school as a career and technical education (CTE) student.
- The high school CTE credit has been pre-approved by Oakland Community College and may be applied toward the student's college transcript.
- The student must successfully pass the high school CTE class to be eligible for articulated credit at the college.
Where do I take the classes?
- The classes are taken at your high school or your school district’s technical education center.
What is the cost of articulated credit?
- There is no cost to take the class in high school and no cost to request the credit at OCC.
How do I request credit from OCC?
- Students can request credit for their high school CTE class by clicking on the STUDENT CREDIT REQUEST FORM. Simply fill out the boxes and request your high school transcript from Parchment or from your high school counselor. Be sure to have the official transcript sent to Oakland Community College.
How long do I have to request credit after I graduate from high school?
- Students must apply for OCC course credit within 24 months after the completion of high school CTE class.
Does articulated credit transfer to other colleges or universities?
- Articulated credit is intended to be used toward the attainment of a degree or certificate at OCC. However, depending on the other school’s policy, it may be used as transfer credit. Check with the specific institution about their acceptance of articulated credit.
Which OCC courses qualify for credit?
- Review the list of articulated courses.Click on "high school alignments" in the related links column.
Where can I get more information?
- Ask your CTE teacher, high school counselor, OCC counselor.
How do I submit extra certification requirements?
- Certifications may be required for CUL 1010, ROB 1500 or PER 2540 credit. Submit any extra certification requirements to HSArticulations@oaklandcc.edu.
When will articulated credit appear on my OCC transcript?
- After you submit your request for credit, your information will be reviewed. Articulated credit that is awarded will appear on your OCC transcript after you have successfully completed the course.