Summer Momentum Scholarship
The Oakland Community College Summer Momentum Scholarship is a program which offers eligible students an opportunity to save time and money, and to keep their momentum going towards achieving academic success.
- Allows more students to achieve their higher education goals with less financial stress.
- In some cases enables students to achieve their goals faster than they would be able to otherwise.
- Students who are eligible for receiving in-district tuition and who have successfully
completed 18 or more credit hours in courses with a C grade or better between the
Fall and Winter term:
- 18-23 credits qualifies for tuition for up to 3 credit hours in the Summer Semester plus Student Support Fee (up to $383.50).
- 24 or more credits qualifies for tuition for up to 6 credit hours in the Summer Semester plus Student Support Fee (up to $667.00).
- The scholarship only applies to courses in eligible students' Academic Plan of Study.
- Guest students, early/middle college students, and dual enrolled students are not eligible.
- The scholarship doesn't apply to courses student doesn't attend (Non-attendance - N Mark). The N Mark will result in a scholarship adjustment with a balance on the student's account. The award can be reinstated if the student enrolls in and attends a class in a later part of the term.
- The scholarship doesn't apply to credits for audited courses and credit-by-exam courses.
- Application deadline is: Friday, April 24, 2020.
- First come, first served basis.
- As a courtesy, all students who applied and met the eligibility requirements of the Summer Momentum Scholarship will have their classes held in order to prevent de-registration.
- Scholarship awards are issued first come, first served, so held classes are not an indication that an award will be issued.
- Awards will be issued after Winter 2020 grades are posted and no later than May 21, 2020.
- Students who are not awarded the scholarship will be required to pay off their account balance from the held classes no later than May 21, 2020 in order to prevent being dropped from their registered classes.
- Once awards are applied to student accounts, recipients of the Summer Momentum Scholarship who have prepaid for classes will be refunded in the manner they used to pay their original bill.