There is no better time than now
Get the training and education you need to complete for today's high demand careers. Oakland Community College provides you with the resources you need to be successful and offers one of the state's most affordable tuition rates.
WHICH STUDENT ARE YOU?
Check out these easy steps to register and the dates that apply to you.
- New to College | If you are new to OCC, you can begin the required steps to become an OCC student now. Insiders tip: Make an appointment with a counselor early; they book up fast!
- Returning to OCC | If you have attended OCC in the past and it's been more than 3 years, welcome back! Schedule a meeting with a counselor to begin.
- High School/Dual Enrolled | Interested in being a High School Dual Enrolled student? Discuss the choice with your parents and high school counselor. Opportunities vary by individual and by school district.
- Promise Zone | Promise Zone students from Detroit, Hazel Park, or Pontiac, your scholarship, which pays all or part of your tuition and fees, helps you focus on your classes instead of on how to pay for them.
- Early College | Early college (also known as middle college) is a tuition-free program that blends high school and college into a multi-year program combining high school diploma with an OCC associate degree in grade 13. Save time and money through one of OCC’s three early college programs.
- Transferring to OCC from another college or university | We welcome transfer students from other institutions of higher education and work hard to award equivalent credit. Schedule an appointment with a counselor early on to determine transfer equivalency.
- International Students | We welcome students from around the globe. OCC is the ideal place for students seeking a college experience in the United States.
- Online Degree Students | OCC has a growing number of online degrees, with a dedicated faculty and professional staff to help you maximize your time.
- Guest Student | If you are a student attending another college or university, you can attend OCC as a guest student and supplement your current education while saving time and money.
- Apprenticeship Student | Combine on-the-job learning, related technical instruction, and professional mentorship to become an expert in your field. Apprentices often begin with little or no experience in their chosen occupation.
- Veteran Students | OCC is a Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency "Gold" college. The Veterans Administration (VA) approves academic programs and most OCC programs are approved for enrollment.
- Michigan Works! | Whether you are seeking short-term training through Economic Workforce Development or working with a Michigan Works! Agency, we are here to guide you through the steps to becoming an Empowered OCC Student!
- Continuing Ed | Whether you are looking to increase your professional education, obtain a certification or simply want personal enrichment, OCC offers high quality, non-credit, in-person classes and 24/7 web-based courses, some of which are linked to teacher (SCECH's) certifications.