Education for Business Growth:
By partnering locally with colleges, we are able to help drive economic growth within
small business communities while also providing a curriculum that focuses on immediately
applicable skills. Through the program you will learn how to:
- Identify and evaluate business opportunities
- Understand and manage the competitive business environment
- Analyze financial statements
- Access financial capital
- Become a more effective leader
- Become a more skilled negotiator
Capital to Expand:
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses will work with local, regional and national Community Development Financial Institutions
(CDFIs) and other mission-driven small business lenders to expand access to capital.
Through these partnerships, loans will be available to qualifying small businesses
that lack access to affordable capital or may not qualify for traditional sources
A Network of Support:
Through the program you will get opportunities to learn from other like-minded business
owners, receive expert advice from business professionals and get one-on-one business
IS YOUR BUSINESS READY FOR WHAT'S NEXT?
The program is designed for small business owners who have a business poised for growth.
We look for applicants who are passionate about growing their business and creating
jobs in their communities, and generally meet these criteria:
- Owner or co-owner of a business
- Business in operation for at least two years
- Business revenues of more than $100,000 in the most recent fiscal year
- Minimum of two employees, including the owner
How the Program Works
To get the most out of the program you will be asked to invest your time to engage
in the following:
- Attend a program orientation
- Complete 11 convenient learning sessions
- Participate in out-of-class activities, including completing assignments, attending
networking events and business support clinics
- Develop a tailored plan for growth prior to graduation
To learn more about 10,000 Small Businesses
Read about an alumnus of the program.
You built your business. We'll help you grown it.
The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program links learning to action. It provides
practical skills in topics such as negotiation, marketing and employee management
that can immediately be put into action.