Each year, numerous scholarships are made available at OCC through private contributions. OCC-SOS is the College's web-based scholarship application system through AcademicWorks. OCC students must use this site to complete applications for many of our Foundation Scholarships.
PLEASE NOTE: It is recommended that you log in using either Chrome, Firefox or Safari, as you may encounter problems with Internet Explorer.
How to log into OCC-SOS AcademicWorks:
- Go to OCC-SOS AcademicWorks. You may also access AcademicWorks via MyOCC.
- Click the "Sign-In" button.
- Click on the "Sign-in with your institution" button and log in using MYOCC username (ex:Doe.Jane) and password.
- Complete the OCC-SOS General Application (you must answer all required questions). Note: Depending upon your major, you may be asked to complete a Conditional Application, as well.
- Once you have completed the General Application, you will be automatically matched with scholarships for which you meet the minimum qualifications. This doesn't mean that you will be awarded that particular scholarship.
- When you are notified (via your College email) that you are a candidate for a Foundation Scholarship, you must upload your thank-you letter by the specified deadline date, or you will become ineligible for the scholarship. Be sure to check your OCC email frequently so you don't miss an opportunity.
- Sign out of OCC-SOS AcademicWorks.
To view and apply for "Recommended" scholarships in the system:
- To view the status of your application, click on "My Applications."
- To view other scholarship opportunities, click on "Opportunities" and hover over "Recommended" or "All."
- You will have the option to click on "Recommended" or "All" scholarship opportunities.
- Note: the "Recommended" scholarships are those opportunities that require more information than what is on your general application; you may apply for these scholarships if you are qualified. You will be automatically matched to scholarships which are not listed as "Recommended."
- To apply for "Recommended" scholarships, simply click on the "Apply" button, carefully read the requirements, and follow the instructions to submit your application.