Check your OCC email account (@student.oaklandcc.edu) often. This is the only email account instructors and staff may use to communicate with you.
In accordance with Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order to limit the spread of the Coronavirus, all campus buildings are closed until April 13. However, essential College operations and instruction will continue remotely. Please visit oaklandcc.edu for regular updates and to access all of the online services and resources available to you.
This is a rapidly changing situation and the health and safety of our community is our top focus. We are taking the following steps to keep our community safe. We continue to receive directives and recommendations from federal, state and county authorities and adapt accordingly. We will share additional updates as more information becomes available.
- Effective Thursday, March 12, 2020, we are suspending all face-to-face classes. All labs are also closed. Classes will resume in a remote format on Monday, March 23
- From March 12-22, faculty will migrate their face-to-face courses to remote instruction. Faculty and Academic Technology Group experts will work together to support this migration.
- All online classes will continue as scheduled.
- All continuing education and workforce training classes are cancelled.
- Student services continue to be available through our virtual campus and email. Please continue to check the OCC website for updates.
- All events through May 10, are cancelled or postponed, including external rentals.
- All athletic games and practices are cancelled.
- Student organization meetings may proceed only via teleconference.
- Committee meetings may proceed only via teleconference.
FACULTY & STAFF
- All other College business operations will continue. All campuses, including District Office, will be closed to students and visitors effective March 18.
- Campus buildings are locked. Contact public safety for entry.
- OCC has hired additional temporary custodial staff at each campus and assigned to disinfect highly used surfaces and restrooms.
- Employees should contact their supervisor to discuss working remotely.
- All college-sponsored and student extracurricular travel is suspended.
- All college-related international travel is suspended.
- All college-related, non-essential domestic travel is suspended.
We are committed to keeping everyone healthy and safe, and continuing the important work of the College. One of the best ways to prevent the spread of any contagious disease is to limit contact and transmission of the virus. Regardless of where our students and employees are, we encourage you to practice preventative health measures such as those found on our Coronavirus page. Please continue visiting this page for information and updates.
I greatly appreciate the extraordinary efforts required by our faculty, staff and administration to ensure student learning and services continue. We will modify and refine our plans as we learn from this unprecedented experience.
I appreciate your understanding and continued cooperation in the coming days.
Peter Provenzano Jr.