COVID-19, Updates and FAQs
Protecting the health and safety of our students, employees and community remains our top priority. With the new Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) state-wide emergency order, the recent surge in COVID-19 cases across the state, and the updated MIOSHA COVID-19 emergency rules, OCC will continue our mostly remote instruction to support our students’ educational goals.
OCC will be making the following adjustments effective Wednesday, Nov. 18:
- OCC will be suspending face-to-face, on campus instruction, except for classes in Public Services (CREST) and Health Careers which are exempt from the MDHHS guidelines and may continue to meet. Faculty and Deans will communicate with students in these programs to share specific plans.
- All student services and campus operations remain available in a fully-remote format.
- OCC’s Athletic team practices and games are cancelled during this time.
- The Raider’s Bookstore is offering free shipping for online purchase now through January 15.
- OCC’s libraries are continuing to provide contactless pickup. Students will be allowed to continue to come to campus to pick-up and return library materials.
- Campus WiFi use for students will still be available on a limited basis.