Surgical Technology Program Requirements
This program is offered at the Southfield Campus.
All applicants must first be admitted to Oakland Community College. By December 15 of the year preceding intended program enrollment to the Surgical Technology program, students must:
- Apply for admission to the college.
- Declare SUR (Surgical Technology) as your designated curriculum on the college application or complete a "change of data" form if you are a current OCC student.
- Have official transcripts of course work from other colleges and/or universities sent to the Registrar's office (2480 Opdyke Rd. Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304-2266) for evaluation.
- Make an appointment in the Academic Support Center (ASC) at any OCC campus for admissions testing followed by an appointment with a counselor to design a plan of course work.
- Attend an Information Session.
- Begin required supportive and general education course work, as listed in the College Catalog, by registering for desired courses via OCC registration procedures.
- Complete a SUR program application and checklist with a counselor at the Southfield Campus.