Student Ambassador Program
The Student Ambassador Program at Oakland Community College is a leadership program for students who wish to share their knowledge and love of OCC with current and new students.
To apply, you must:
- Have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at OCC
- Maintain a minimum of 6 credits each semester
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Attend OCC for both Fall and Winter semesters
Ambassadors work a total of 100 hours during the Fall and Winter semesters in the following areas:
- Representing the College at community events
- Staffing the welcome desk
- Working with faculty and staff at registration and open house
- Helping students connect with College resources
- Guiding students to classes during the first week of the semester
- Attending leadership training workshops
In exchange for their service, Student Ambassadors receive a $600 scholarship for each semester ($1200 total), and leadership training and experience.
Applications are available in early Spring for the upcoming Fall and Winter Semesters.
NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Student Ambassador program is postponed
for the 2020-2021 academic year. We care about everyone’s health and well-being and
our current situation creates an inability to effectively run in-person programs.
We are sorry that we are not able to offer this valuable program at this time. We strongly encourage you to continue to visit this web page for future online leadership learning opportunities designed to increase your leadership skills and build your résumé.
For more OCC’s COVID-19 updates, visit the college’s website.