Student Ambassador Program
The Student Ambassador Program at Oakland Community College is a leadership program for students who wish to share their knowledge and love of OCC with current and new students.
To apply, you must:
- Have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at OCC
- Maintain a minimum of 6 credits each semester
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Attend OCC for both Fall and Winter semesters
Ambassadors work a total of 100 hours during the Fall and Winter semesters in the following areas:
- Representing the College at community events
- Staffing the welcome desk
- Working with faculty and staff at registration and open house
- Helping students connect with College resources
- Guiding students to classes during the first week of the semester
- Attending leadership training workshops
In exchange for their service, Student Ambassadors receive a $500 scholarship for each semester ($1000 total), and leadership training and experience.
Applications are available in early Spring for the upcoming Fall and Winter Semesters.