OPTION 1: Use your SAT Math Score. See the chart below. If you are satisfied with your
placement, you may upload your SAT score report in the Online Application or email
the report to email@example.com where the scores will be noted on your OCC student record! Otherwise you will need
to bring that score in for verification and upload. If you are not satisfied with
your SAT placement, see option 2 and 3.
OPTION 2: Check the other exemptions list below. If you qualify for an exemption, visit
the Counseling office with the paperwork to verify the exemption and your score will be entered into the
OPTION 3: Take the ALEKS Placement Test. Before taking ALEKS, you must complete the online
practice module. Log into MyOCC. On the Students Menu under Pre-Registration Steps, select ALEKS PPL Mathematics
Placement. You will see how you score on the practice test. If you are satisfied
with your score, visit the testing center to take an official ALEKS Placement Test.
See the campus schedules for dates and times. If you are not satisfied with your
practice test score, the ALEKS program offers free modules to practice material that
was missed during the practice test.
- You have earned a bachelor degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college
- You are admitted to OCC under a College Guest Application from another college
- You have evidence of passing with a "C" or better the prerequisite math course at
OCC or the equivalent college transfer course at another accredited college within
the past three years
- You have earned a score of 3 or higher on the Advanced Placement Exam in Calculus
AB or BC
- You have already earned credit for a math course at OCC or at another accredited college
and you wish to enroll in the same math course.
Students wishing to take a math course at OCC will take the ALEKS Math Placement.
This test is used to place you into the appropriate math course. There is a required
practice test. Visit the ALEKS page for more details.