ALEKS Math Placement
Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 Placement Registration
Due to the Covid 19 virus, Oakland Community College has implemented a temporary Placement Testing process for Math Placement for Fall 2020 and Winter 2021.
We will still use the ALEKS Placement system, however you will be able to test from home.
- Login to your MyOCC. Select Students. Select ALEKS PPL Placement Test.
- Enter the ALEKS test through the on-screen directions (Go to ALEKS-most users)
- Do the quick tour of the test. This will let you know how to input your answers.
- Take the practice test. If you wish to improve your result, work on the Learning and Preparation modules.
- When you are ready for the official exam, email the Academic Support Center closest to you from your OCC email address.
- Put ALEKS placement in the subject of your email. Include your name, birth date, and Student ID number in the email along with date/time requested (either 10am or 2pm) Monday through Friday.
- All tests will begin at 10:00am or 2:00pm - Monday through Friday; 10:30 am - Fall 2020 Saturdays (RO and SF only)
- We will set you up with a temporary, official password that will allow you to test from home. (the password will be good for 30 minutes).
- Please allow up to 24 hours between your request to take ALEKS and a response from the ASC. The ASC will respond during their virtual college hours (M- TH, 8:30am-7:00pm; F - 8:30 am - 5 pm; S (RO and SF only) 10 - 2 pm).
Taking the correct math course is essential and without preparation, students are often placed into a course that could have been avoided - wasting time and money. In the past, it was common for students to take the Math Placement Test without completing any review or preparation.
Our goal is give you the opportunity and resources to help you place into the appropriate level of math for you.
All placement testing can be taken at the Academic Support Center at any campus.
Students with disabilities who may need assistance on Placements should contact the ACCESS office prior to taking the test. They will need to provide documentation of a qualifying disability and its functional limitation.